Monday 6 August 2012

Winchester Fashion Week (catch-up)

OMG! I'm so so sorry I haven't blogged in months! It's so terrible of me but I've been super busy with fashion week, exams etc. I promise I will get back to it in this last month of summer, then hopefully when I get back to college for art foundation I will have lots more things to show you guys, outfit wise and work!

First major point of discussion: Winchester Fashion Week! It was an incredible experience for me - I met so many amazing people, and was able to do things I'd wanted to do for a long time.
I heard about it last year, saw the photos on the website and really wanted to get involved; so I handed in an application, they accepted and that's how it started. We began planning fashion week back in December; I was on the event and journalist team, so that meant I had to do things such as come up with event ideas and start to plan them, write blog posts and articles (I even got some feature in the official WFW magazine!) There was months of planning all leading up to one week: Fashion Week ran from the 9th - 16th of June and it was a really hectic times because I had my A-levels at the same time. We had events running every day, but luckily I didn't have to be at all of them. The main features were the Brook's fashion shows and the Cirque Du Fashion shows (the Brook's showing off outfits from the high street and the Cirque Du Fashion show centring around unique pieces from local designers). On the days where there were no actual shows we had rehearsals and fitting, which were really fun. We just hung out with the team and the models, most of which had been recruited by Captial FM. The shows were amazing to see (well, as much as I could - I was backstage at all of them), and some of the clothes were stunning, so unique and individual. We had some really crazy outfits, like you'd see on the runway, and some more classic pieces that could be worn everyday.
All in all, after months of planning I'm glad to say Winchester Fashion Week was a huge success! I gained so much experience from it in terms of writing and getting my first articles published (great for my CV) and also meeting people and networking. Even though it was hectic at time, I'm so thankful for the opportunity and hope to take part again next year!

Here are some images from backstage at shows:


(Me and my bestie backstage)



(Photo credit goes to Rashi Rajguru Photography [http://www.facebook.com/RashiRajguruPhotography] and Glen Jevon Photography [http://www.facebook.com/GlenJevon]

No comments:

Post a Comment